jueves, 14 de mayo de 2009

Absence of Fear & This Little Bird - Jewel




Absence of fear - Jewel (Spirit)

Inside my skin there is this space,
It twists and turns,
It bleeds and aches.
Inside my heart there's an empty room,
It's waiting for lightning,
It's waiting for you.
And I am wanting,
And I am needing you here,
Inside the absence of fear.

Muscle and sinew.
Velvet and stone.
This vessel is haunted,
It creeks and moans.
My bones call to you
In their separate skin.
I make myself translucent
To let you in, for
I am wanting,
And I am needing you here,
Inside the absence of fear.

There is this hunger,
This restlessness inside of me.
And it knows that you're no stranger,
you're my gravity.
My hands will adore you through all darkness aim,
They will lay you out in moonlight
And reinvent your name.
For I am wanting you,
And I am needing you here.
I need you near,
Inside the absence of fear.

This Little Bird

There's a little bird,
Somebody sent
Down to the earth to
Live on the wind.
Blowing on the wind,
She sleeps on the wind,
This little bird,
Little bird.

Light and fragile
and feathered sky-blue.
Thin and gracefull,
The sun shining through.
She flies so high,
Up in the sky,
Way out of reach
Of human eyes.

Light and fragile,
and feathered sky-blue.
Thin and graceful,
The sun shining through.
She flies so high,
Up in the sky,
Way out of reach
Of human eyes.


Light and fragile,
She's feathered sky-blue.
Thin and graceful,
The sun shining through.

And the only time
She touches the ground,
Is when that little bird,
Little bird,
Is when that little bird,
Little bird,
Is when that little bird,
Dies.

2 comentarios:

Microalgo dijo...

Jopé. Qué triste.

Inés dijo...

Sí y no.

This Little Bird me parece una canción tristísima (eso de que esté muy lejos del alcance de ojos humanos y que sólo toque la tierra al morir, uff).

En cambio, Absence of Fear me parece un canto a la esperanza, a dejarse encontrar, a sentir la seguridad del abrazo del otro. No sé, no me parece tan triste.